Wednesday, June 28, 2023

I've lost faith in drugs and medicine

I must admit I've lost all faith in medicines and drugs to provide anything but momentary relief and cause long-term problems. 

There may be exceptions to this rule but I haven't met any yet. I read of people who have good results with various things but that hasn't been my experience. 

It's only logical that the body will respond better to things it has evolved to deal with naturally rather than something foreign created in a lab.

Although of course being natural doesn't make a substance safe. Discretion must be exercised. Knowledge is essential. I look to the tribes who live in harmony with nature and understand the role of each plant, for example, for inspiration. 

I don't negate the need for drugs for emergency care but more for chronic care which they rarely seem suited.

No comments: