Thursday, June 22, 2023

The one celebrity death that affected me emotionally

Only one "celebrity" death has ever affected me emotionally. That happened in 1994. I was living on Australia's Gold Coast in the beautiful hinterland region in a fantastic house and property with 2 friends from the college where we were studying Naturopathy together. It was a great lifestyle. I remember hearing of Kurt Cobain's death from a classmate who turned around in the lecture hall and told me the news. It immediately lowered my previously buoyant mood, casting a dark spell over me. 

It didn't keep me down for long as I wasn't obsessed with Kurt and his music at that point. That's happened in the last month or 2 as I am appreciating the songs more than ever and trying to understand Kurt and what went wrong in his life. Ongoing sickness, childhood traumas not yet healed, and deeply unhealthy drug abuse all no doubt played a role, and yet he could still make amazing, creative, complex (as explained in the video linked below) and melodic music and engage in other creative activities. Watching Rick Beato videos on his songs has given me an extra appreciation for his gift. 

I hope where Kurt is now he quickly received the healing of body and soul he so desperately needed. I'm sure he is back to being a joyful and creative soul, living in the more supportive environment that the next world reportedly presents. 

Earth life has many challenges and pitfalls, not all of which are easy to spot. So the inexperienced and unhappy souls, in particular, are at risk of falling into a trap and losing control of their life. Some recover, some die young. But those that do leave early who leave a legacy for others to enjoy have still achieved a great deal, despite their final tragic ending, too soon for those who care about them.

...

May all beings find healing and peace and free themselves from unhealthy behaviours and attachments.

Amen.

...

Rick Beato, brilliant musician and music theory teacher, talks about a couple of Nirvana songs and what makes them so great:

https://youtu.be/hMUkMGNX0Uk

No comments: