Thursday, May 11, 2023

A love letter to Kurt Cobain and Nirvana

I don't know why I'm going through a huge Kurt Cobain/Nirvana stage at the moment. They were never my favourite band but I remember where I was when I first heard "Sounds Like Teen Spirit" and when I heard Kurt had died. That put a dark shroud over the day, but I didn't mourn for days.

In the last couple of months I've watched a lot of Nirvana live videos. I find them entrancing. Kurt is always so fascinating, a beautiful smile, very dynamic. Dave was so committed to the drums, so passionate, and Krist was the light entertainment and held the bass down tight. And the good friend Kurt needed.

Later Pat Smear joined and probably gave the band another year or so with his injection of enthusiasm. A lovely, fun-loving guy to join a great band. 

Kurt wasn't going to be a rock and roller his whole life, I don't think, as he suggested in interviews. He was too creative and dynamic for that. He would have done other things had he lived.

I'm not glad he's not here, but people come and go and so will we in time.

Maybe, if were are lucky, we the fans will get to meet Kurt and see what his latest creations are in the next place and to thank him for his music and just give him our love. 

He was such a beautiful guy. Everybody loved him who knew him, some of the public criticised his "suicide", but I don't hear from them anymore.

Suicide is common among all age groups. Life doesn't always match peoples hope's.  It's never easy to lose anyone we care about. It's one of the toughest gigs in life.

Love + Peace.

A Kurt Cobain Fan.

No comments: