Saturday, March 11, 2023

My fundamental beliefs about life

When I was young I was interested in finding out the answers to the biggest questions. Now I'm happy with the answers that I found. But that doesn't mean I have some fixed path in life, or determine the direction of my life, but it does affect how I view things. 

That view is ever evolving, but certain rocks of belief are what they stand on. 

These beliefs are not the sole result of things written in books, but of the written word and lived experience combined.

The fundamental belief I have is that existence is good in the deepest sense (beyond relative good and bad), and so are WE, and so whatever happens happens in that context.

At any given time our experience may not be pleasant, it could even be devastating or torturous, but that devastation or torture eventually ends and brings us back to a fundamentally positive relationship with the world and ourselves, if that is the conclusion we have come to.

No comments: